|Call for Papers|
Hot Interconnects is the premier international forum for researchers and developers of state-of-the-art hardware and software architectures and implementations for interconnection networks of all scales, ranging from multi-core on-chip interconnects to those within systems, clusters, datacenters and Clouds. This yearly conference is attended by leaders in industry and academia. The atmosphere provides for a wealth of opportunities to interact with individuals at the forefront of this field.
Themes include cross-cutting issues spanning computer systems, networking technologies, and communication protocols for high-performance interconnection networks. This conference is directed particularly at new and exciting technology and product innovations in these areas. Contributions should focus on real experimental systems, prototypes, or leading-edge products and their performance evaluation. In addition to those subscribing to the main theme of the conference, contributions are also solicited in the topics listed below.
This year's best papers on interconnect microarchitecture will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers to a special edition of IEEE Micro.
Building on last year's successful technical program, keynotes, sessions, and panels on datacenter networking and their requirements, and solutions, in 2019 Hot Interconnects moves to Intel, Santa Clara, CA for the conference. This year's conference focuses on data-center, virtualized, and cloud networking. We hope you can join us there.
Download the call for papers as pdf or txt.
- Novel and innovative interconnect architectures
- Multi-core processor interconnects
- System-on-Chip Interconnects
- Advanced chip-to-chip communication technologies
- Optical interconnects
- Protocols and interfaces for inter-processor communication
- Survivability and fault-tolerance of interconnects
- High-speed packet processing engines and network processors
- System and storage area network architectures and protocols
- High-performance host-network interface architectures
- High-bandwidth and low-latency I/O
- Pb/s switching and routing technologies
- Innovative architectures for supporting collective communication
- Novel communication architectures to support cloud computing
- Centralized and distributed cloud interconnects
- Requirements driving high-performance interconnects
- Traffic characterization for HPC systems and commercial datacenters
- Software for Network/Fabric Bring-up, Configuration and Performance
Management, e.g., OpenFlow or OpenSM
- Data Center networking
- Deadline for submissions: May 10, 2019 11:59PM AOE
- Notification of acceptance: May 31, 2019
- Deadline for slide submission: July 29, 2019
Regular presentations consist of a title, an extended abstract (two to four pages) and the presenter's contact information (name, affiliation, job title, address, phone(s), fax, and email). Please indicate whether you have submitted, intend to submit, or have already presented or published a similar or overlapping submission to another conference or journal. Also indicate if you would like the submission to be held confidential. If so indicated, these submissions remain confidential until the first day of the conference.
Submissions are evaluated by the Program Committee on the basis of performance of the device(s), degree of innovation, use of advanced technology, potential market significance, and anticipated interest to the audience. Research and software contributions will be evaluated with similar criteria. To the extent that you are describing a product, indicate its status - design, development, tape out, silicon, shipping, etc.
You can find author's final paper formatting and submission instructions here.
Papers should be submitted electronically through EasyChair
An award will be given to the Best Student Paper. To be eligible for the Best Student Paper award the first (and main) author(s) must be a full-time student(s) at the time of submission. This year HotI will provide Student Travel Awards to eligible applicant students. Information on application for the travel awards can be found here
About the conference
- Conference held on August 14-16 2019, Santa Clara, CA
- Papers selected will be published in proceedings by the IEEE Computer Society
- Presentations are 30-minute talks in a single-track format